NY NOW VIP DOLLARS OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1) Eligibility; Method to Enter; Start and End Dates: The “NY NOW® Dollars” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is offered only to selected pre-registrant attendees who are emailed a non-transferrable coupon and then attend the NY NOW winter Market, which takes place from January 30– February 3, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”) at the Javits Center in New York City, NY to redeem their coupon in person for a chance to win (“Entrant”). No entry fee, payment, or proof of purchase is required to enter the Sweepstakes. All other NY NOW 2016 participants and all other persons are not eligible to enter. Entrants may not enter under multiple identities or use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times. Limit one (1) entry per eligible person. By participating you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited.
2) Drawing: Drawings of redeemed coupons will take place each day from January 31– February 3, 2016. In total, one hundred five (110) winners will be randomly selected by Sponsor from among all eligible entries submitted. Should the winner not be present at the time of drawing, the winner will be notified by e-mail of their win with instructions on how to pick-up the “NY NOW® Dollars” they won, by the close of the market on the day the ticket was drawn. Coupons must be picked up in person and winners must present a valid attendee badge on the day their ticket is drawn. If the winner cannot pickup their coupon in person by the close of the market on that date their coupon was drawn, their coupon will be forfeit. Limit one prize per winner.
3) Description and Value of the Prize; Odds of Winning: Sponsor will provide one hundred five (110) Sweepstakes winners with a portion of a total of $35,000 “NY NOW® Dollars.” Each individual prize will either be in the amount of $250 or $500 “NY NOW® Dollars.” Winner will be responsible for all expenses not specifically included herein. No substitution, cash alternative or assignment of a prize is permitted except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All taxes and any other fees or costs associated with the prize will be the responsibility of the winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Each winner may use its “NY NOW® Dollars” to reduce the total cost of one order from one exhibitor at NY NOW on a dollar for dollar basis by presenting the exhibitor with the “NY NOW® Dollars” when the winner places its order with the exhibitor. “NY NOW® Dollars” must be used by each winner on one purchase from one exhibitor, and they expire at the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The Sponsor, as defined herein, will exchange each “NY NOW® Dollar” recouped from an exhibitor with $1.00 USD, but only for the cost of the winner’s order, up to the total “NY NOW® Dollars” redeemed by such winner. As an example, if a winner uses a $500 “NY NOW® Dollars” card for a $375 order with an exhibitor, the Sponsor will only pay the exhibitor $375 USD. NY NOW VIP Dollars may not be applied towards personal/accommodation orders. Any coupon redeemed by winners and accepted by exhibitors post-show will not be reimbursed.
4) Terms and Conditions: Where permitted by law, each winner grants (and agrees to confirm said grant in writing upon the request of the Sponsor) to Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s direction or control, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, at any time or times, the winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration and without notice, review or approval. By participating, participants release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons (including, without limitation, death) or property, arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes-related activity. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT THAT THE PRECEDING RELEASE IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE INVALID OR VOID FOR ANY REASON, THE PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, (I) ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (II) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
5) Governing Law: By entering, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. All participants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state courts located in New York, NY.
6) Sponsor: Emerald Expositions, LLC, 31910 Del Obispo, Suite 200, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675.