Why does this show ask for credentials? Why am I pending/why do I need to provide credentials again?
In terms of the registration process, we are constantly reviewing and updating our database to ensure that we’re providing exhibitors with the type of quality buyer base they expect at our market. This includes reclassifying and/or requiring various companies and individuals to demonstrate they are still qualified members of the trade to whom we extend free registration. We kindly do ask that you upload the requested credentials to complete your registration in the system.
NY NOW is open to the trade only. To attend, you must provide identification to qualify your business, and separate identification to qualify each individual employee from your store or company.
Please bring TWO forms of Company and ONE form of Employee identification. Please note that acceptable Employee identification must be submitted for each registrant. We reserve the right to request additional business identification if deemed necessary. You will also be required to submit proof of your identity when you pick up your badge.
Acceptable COMPANY identification includes at least TWO of the following:
- Active website address through which company business can be validated
- Two recent invoices (both within last 12 months) from industry manufacturers for goods purchased at wholesale/in quantity for a minimum of $1,000
- Store/commercial lease indicating the type of business. For leases, provide only the first two pages of Store lease stating you are a retail business.
Manufacturers’ Representatives (multi-line)
- Provide a list of lines currently being represented at the NY NOW® winter 2019. You must also provide proof of agreement for at least one of the lines you are representing at the winter 2019 market.
Wholesalers, importers, & exporters
- Provide samples of brochures, catalogs, etc. that show product selection and inventory.
- Provide the appropriate certification, professional designation or membership in an industry association
New businesses only:
- A letter of Intent from an attorney or bank on official letterhead stating the intent to start a new retail business (this is acceptable for new businesses only).
Acceptable EMPLOYEE identification includes at least ONE of the following:
- Employee verification letter on company letterhead from owner or manager stating job status
- Copy of company credit card with both employee’s and company’s name
- Copy of company insurance card with employee’s name