7 CRUCIAL TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Coyne Public Relations – the PR agency of record for NY NOW – works closely with the hundreds of consumer and trade media outlets that attend the market and offers tips below to make the most out of your NY NOW experience from a communications perspective.
- Introduce yourself to the Coyne team. In the weeks leading up to the market, to the moment they arrive at the Javits Center, press attendees always ask the Coyne team, “So, what should I see at NY NOW?” Help the PR team stay up to date on the exciting things you’ll have in your booth and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with information on new products or special events you’ll be hosting.
- Get to know the trades! The key trade publications that attend NY NOW are constantly working on market stories including previews, round-ups and post-event recaps. It’s free to submit information for consideration for these opportunities and there is a running list of editorial deadlines on the NY NOW website here.
- Participate in awards and displays. By submitting to NY NOW’s award and display programs, you can gain additional exposure for your products with media and general attendees. In the coming weeks, be on the lookout for dedicated emails about these programs and how you can get involved, or you can click here to see a full list of opportunities.
- Connect with press attendees. Approximately 6 weeks prior to the Market, the PR team makes the pre-registered media list available to all NY NOW exhibitors. You can use this list to contact media that have opted in to share their email address to schedule booth appointments, send press materials and more. To request the list, please email email@example.com.
- Make the most of the tools available in the Exhibitor Console. Media attendees use the matchmaking tool, CONNECT, in the console to browse the companies and products on display, and plan their time at the Market. Be sure that your company profile is updated in your new Exhibitor Console and that you upload press releases and images directly to the Exhibitor Console so that everything is in one place!
- Create memorable media materials. All exhibitors are invited to leave press kits in the Press Center during the Market. This is a great way to get in front of media before they even start walking the floor. Bring 50 press kits and clearly label each press kit with your company name, booth number, and contact information so media know where they can find you on the Market floor and how to reach you afterwards.
- Attend the FREE Exhibitor PR Webinar! On November 30, tune in to a PR webinar that outlines all of the opportunities available to you as an exhibitor! Learn more and register here.
Now is a great time to start planning to make your NY NOW market a successful event. If you have any questions on these tips, please don’t hesitate to reach out to contact the Coyne team!