EXPLORE GLOBAL STYLES AND STORIES IN SOLD OUT HANDMADE® GLOBAL DESIGN SECTION AT NY NOW® SUMMER 2018 MARKET
WHITE PLAINS, NY. – May 10, 2018 – NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, is excited to announce that its ever-popular Handmade® Global Design section is now SOLD OUT for exhibitors. Featuring more than 20 first-time exhibitors, an Ecuador Pavilion, and so much more, buyers will discover beautifully handcrafted products and wares they’ve never seen before – all of which will bring a unique assortment to their stores and customers. NY NOW will take place in its entirety August 12-15, 2018 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
“Our Handmade Global Design section is always among the most popular destinations at NY NOW because the assortment of products is unbeatable, and the stories behind the companies and artisans that make them are truly inspiring,” said Randi Mohr, Vice President and NY NOW Director. “In August, we’re thrilled to welcome a number of new brands and groups to the section that will give our attendees even more reason to shop this incredible selection. We will also have a Fair Trade Federation/World Fair Trade Organization display that will feature several of our Handmade Global Design exhibitors. You can’t afford to miss this incredible section!”
· ANHAD (Booth #507) - *NEW* - Featuring hand spun and hand woven, hand block printed, natural dyed, sustainable and hand embroidered home furnishings and fashion accessories
· MBARE Ltd. (Booth #135) - Returning from an absence - Specializing in importing high quality African art made from natural and recycled materials. All of their items are uniquely created by artisans and craftspeople in countries all over Africa.
· PRO ECUADOR (Booth #403) - Returning from an absence - Representing six juried artisan groups from Ecuador.
· SERRV International (Booth #540) - *NEW* - A nonprofit, fair trade organization dedicated to lifting disadvantaged artisans, farmers, and their families out of poverty. Serrv partners with 55 small-scale artisan/farmer organizations and cooperatives to bring unique, handcrafted product collections.
· Ten Thousand Villages (Booth #134) - *NEW* - A non-profit social enterprise that partners with independent small-scale artisan groups, co-ops and workshops to bring their wares to markets. From communities throughout the developing world, every inspired design is crafted with love using local materials (usually natural or recycled) and time-honored skills by makers they have known and worked with for years.
· The Global Trunk (Booth #529) - *NEW* - Creating opportunities for indigenous artisans from around the world by bringing handcrafted, repurposed and fair trade products into the global market. A percentage of all of The Global Trunk’s sales is donated back to those communities in need.
New and Convenient Dates
NY NOW’s Handmade Global Design section, which is part of the HANDMADE Collection, will feature a new date pattern for the summer 2018 market offering greater convenience to both buyers and exhibitors. It will open along with the rest of NY NOW at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 12 and close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15 (one hour later than previous markets). Please note that no sections are open on Saturday. This date pattern represents a return to NY NOW’s traditional and preferred summer schedule, eliminating the staggered opening of recent markets and allowing buyers to shop all sections of the Market – including Handmade Global Design – at any point during the show.
NY NOW is open to members of the industry including retailers and buyers as well as members of the press. For more information and to register, please visit nynow.com.
The summer 2018 edition of NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, will take place August 12-15, 2018 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NY NOW features three comprehensive collections – HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE – that encompass tens of thousands of products in hundreds of product categories. Attendees from all 50 states and nearly 70 countries worldwide are expected.
· The official name of the market is “NY NOW.” Please do not use “NY Now,” “NYNow,” “New York Now,” “the NY Gift Show” or the “NY Gift Fair” to refer to the market.
· Javits North will continue to be under renovation during the summer 2018 market and as a result, the Handmade® Designer Maker section will once again be located on Level 3.
· The entirety of NY NOW’s summer 2018 market – including the Handmade® Global Design section located in the River Pavilion - will open at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 12, 2018 and close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. No sections are open on Saturday.
· NY NOW has a new logo. If you need a high-res version for your coverage, please contact us at email@example.com.