WHITE PLAINS, NY. – July 12, 2018 – NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, is the place to be for buyers, shop owners and designers looking for the most contemporary products on the market. The cutting-edge Accent on Design® section will offer an unparalleled opportunity to see the most unique and contemporary designs from around the world that are decorative and incredibly functional. From furnishings and decorative accessories to audio accessories and state-of-the-art kitchen gadgets, Accent on Design presents the latest in modern design across all categories of product. Buyers looking for unique and forward-thinking designs can find them at the NY NOW summer 2018 market starting Sunday, August 12, 2018 through Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. Accent on Design is located within the HOME Collection and can be found on Level 3 in the 3700-4200 aisles.
“From furniture and home décor to kitchenware and lifestyle accessories, Accent on Design features original and creative product designs that break the mold and set new standards,” said Randi Mohr, Vice President and NY NOW Director. “This season’s brands hail from 20 countries around the globe and will deliver a unique and innovative blend of form and function that create products that buyers need – and NY NOW is the place to be to see them all!
Brands We Can’t Wait to See Again
As the industry’s leading resource for innovative, design-led merchandise for more than 30 years, Accent on Design presents 150+ established and emerging design brands that continually push the creative envelope and change the way we look at the everyday. Some exhibitors that are returning to the Market this summer include:
· Tom Dixon (Booth #3710) – A British design brand featuring lighting, furniture and accessory collections.
· SkLO (Booth #3937) – Partners Karen Gilbert and Paul Pavlak create accessories, vessels, sculptures, lighting, and wall pieces made from hand blown Czech glass. Karen is an American craft artist, metalsmith and jeweler, and Paul is an American architect and designer.
· Taschen (Booth #3840) – A publisher of fabulous and innovative books that are available at low prices to everyone around the world. Taschen does not just follow trends, they create them.
· Design Ireland (Booth #3940) – A collection of seven brilliant Irish designers across categories such as decorative accessories, candles, woven throws and scarves, home furnishings and more. Designers include: Foxford Woollen Mills, Diem Pottery, Jando, J Hill's Standard, Slated, Blaithin Ennis and Field Apothecary.
· Droog (Booth #3713) – A conceptual design company featuring lighting, tabletop and home accessories. They focus on matters that affect society and its people and believe that process is key.
· Eleanor Pritchard (Booth #3829) – A design brand that creates and produces woven woolen blankets and cushions characterized by pared-back geometrics and graphic reversible patterns.
· Fresh Taiwan (Booth #3930) – A collection of 10 brands showcasing original and creative capabilities of design talents in Taiwan. Brands will feature ceramics, home décor, personal accessories, jewelry and more.
· LEFF (Booth #3713) – Working from their studio in the city center of Amsterdam, LEFF creates unconventional watches.
· Pappelina AB (Booth #3721) – Featuring rugs and home accessories that are crafted with love and made with pride in Sweden.
· W&P Design (Booth #4040) – The Brooklyn-based team boasts expertise in design, manufacturing, culinary arts, publishing and beyond with more than 250 products ranging from kitchen and bar tools to cocktail mixers, cookbooks and more.
Brands We Can’t Wait to Welcome
New brands and original products that won’t be seen anywhere else! At each market, brands offer original, creative and authentic designs as well as new and innovative use of materials. Some of this year’s new exhibitors include:
· Aplat (Booth #4017) – 100% organic cotton culinary totes made in San Francisco that are simply beautiful, well-crafted and sustainable. Designed for gourmands, chef and bakers to transport culinary treasures, turning food, wine and garden into the perfect gift.
· Atelier Swarovski (Booth #3707) – Covetable, innovative objects for the home through collaborations with the world’s leading luminaries in design and architecture.
· Huygens (Booth #3713) – With most clocks you will hear the day ticking away. Huygens clocks use incredible materials and have an innovative movement that ensures complete silence in any room.
· Kartell US (Booth #3704) – An Italian design company featuring furniture, furnishings, lighting and home accessories.
· LYFE (Booth #3725) – Metal kitchenware products with a simplistic design that will stand the test of time.
New and Convenient Dates
NY NOW will feature a new date pattern for the summer 2018 market offering greater convenience to both buyers and exhibitors. Accent on Design will open along with the rest of NY NOW at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 12 and close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15 (one hour later than previous markets). Please note that no sections are open on Saturday. This date pattern represents a return to NY NOW’s traditional and preferred summer schedule, eliminating the staggered opening of recent markets and allowing buyers to shop all sections of the Market – including Accent on Design – at any point during the show.
NY NOW is open to members of the industry including retailers and buyers as well as members of the press. For more information and to register, please visit nynow.com.
The summer 2018 edition of NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, will take place August 12-15, 2018 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NY NOW features three comprehensive collections – HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE – that encompass tens of thousands of products in hundreds of product categories. Attendees from all 50 states and nearly 70 countries worldwide are expected.
· The official name of the market is “NY NOW.” Please do not use “NY Now,” “NYNow,” “New York Now,” “the NY Gift Show” or the “NY Gift Fair” to refer to the market.
· Javits North will continue to be under renovation during the summer 2018 market and as a result, the Handmade® Designer Maker section will once again be located on Level 3.
· The entirety of NY NOW’s summer 2018 market – including the Handmade® Global Design section located in the River Pavilion - will open at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 12, 2018 and close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. No sections are open on Saturday.
· NY NOW has a new logo. If you need a high-res version for your coverage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.