- Rub Elbows and Learn from Leading Visionaries and Innovative Minds -
WHITE PLAINS, NY. — June 28, 2018 — The summer edition of NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, is shaping up to be another exceptional sourcing and educational event for the industry! For the first time, NY NOW is offering a special Trend Talk series which will provide buyers and shop owners with the opportunity to hear insights directly from an incredible lineup of experts on the latest retail, design and merchandising trends they’re seeing at the Market. Sessions are free and will be located right in the middle of the action and directly on the Market floor. There will also be special book signings, photo opportunities and Q&A discussions.
“We are always looking for new and creative ways to provide attendees with incredible experiences. After the success of last year’s book signing program, we’ve expanded to now include free Trend Talk discussions and added even more book signings, in response to the great feedback we’ve heard from buyers,” said Randi Mohr, Vice President and NY NOW Director. “This summer’s NY NOW is positioned for one of the best Markets yet! Some sections are already sold out, attendance is booming, and we can just feel the excitement from our exhibitors and the industry overall. We can’t wait until August!”
Join us to hear insights and the most on-point information. The free sessions and book signings that are currently scheduled, include:
- Sunday, August 12
- 2:30pm - 4:00pm - Justina Blakeney - Trend Talk and Book Signing
- Justina Blakeney is a designer, artist and New York Times best-selling author of The Bohemians and The New Bohemians Handbook. She will be signing copies of both books after her Trend Talk and discussion. Justina is also the founder of Jungalow®, a lifestyle brand, blog and shop.
- Monday, August 13
- 11:00am - 12:30pm - Erin Gates - Book Signing
- Erin is the founder and principal designer of Erin Gates Design and is also the creator of the award-winning design blog Elements of Style. She will be signing copies of her New York Times best-selling book Elements of Style: Designing a Home & a Life.
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm - Bonnie Mackay - Trend Talk
- Bonnie Mackay is a retail design director and merchandising executive with extensive experience in branding, marketing, visual merchandising, sourcing, product development and production. She is known for discovering new product categories and designers, developing and introducing new brands, rejuvenating old brands, and leveraging product trends and newly trending locations.
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm - Nicole Feliciano - Trend Talk and Book Signing
- Nicole is the Founder & CEO of Momtrends Media, a million-dollar brand providing busy women with a daily dose of style. Following her Trend Talk, Nicole will be signing copies of her book, Mom Boss: Balancing Entrepreneurship, Kids & Success.
- 2:30pm - 3:00pm - Wesley Moon - Trend Talk
- Interior Designer Wesley Moon’s signature is a home which represents the essence of the owner, augmented by his expertise and ability to edit and curate from all periods of design.
- Tuesday, August 14
- 10:00am - 11:30am - Brittany Watson Jepsen - Trend Talk and Book Signing
- Brittany is the founder and creative director of the award-winning, The House That Lars Built, a craft and design company focused on artful living. Following her Trend Talk, Brittany will be signing copies of her newest book, Craft the Rainbow: 40 Colorful Paper Projects from The House that Lars Built.
- 11:30am - 12:00pm - Paula Flynn - Trend Talk
- Paula has a passion for retail and is the founder of The Shopkeepers which is a website focused on celebrating shops that delight, from market stalls to online shops, and more. Over the course of her career, she has designed, sourced, developed product, and managed operations for some of the biggest names in the industry, both in the U.S. and Europe.
- 2:30pm - 3:00pm - Drew McGukin - Trend Talk
- Drew is the founder of Drew McGukin Interiors. He tackles the interior design world with a unique level of energy, great pace and integrity. He is known for a touch of the ‘unexpected,’ combined with beautiful textures and bold patterns that vibrate with the perfect amount of sophistication, warmth, innovation, style and approachability.
For more information on NY NOW Trend Talks, visit:https://www.nynow.com/trendtalks.
New and Convenient Dates
NY NOW will feature a new date pattern for the summer 2018 market offering greater convenience to both buyers and exhibitors. All sections of NY NOW will open at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 12 and close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15 (one hour later than previous markets). Please note that no sections are open on Saturday. This date pattern represents a return to NY NOW’s traditional and preferred summer schedule, eliminating the staggered opening of recent markets and allowing buyers to shop all sections of the Market at any point during the show.
NY NOW is open to members of the industry including retailers and buyers as well as members of the press. For more information and to register, please visit nynow.com.
# # #
About NY NOW
The summer 2018 edition of NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, will take place August 12-15, 2018 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NY NOW features three comprehensive collections - HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE - that encompass tens of thousands of products in hundreds of product categories. Attendees from all 50 states and nearly 70 countries worldwide are expected.
NY NOW is owned by Emerald Expositions, a leading operator of business-to-business trade shows in the United States. The company currently operates more than 55 trade shows, as well as numerous other face-to-face events. In 2017, Emerald’s events connected over 500,000 global attendees and exhibitors and occupied more than 6.9 million NSF of exhibition space.
More information about NY NOW can be found at https://www.nynow.com/.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
- The official name of the market is “NY NOW.” Please do not use “NY Now,” “NYNow,” “New York Now,” “the NY Gift Show” or the “NY Gift Fair” to refer to the market.
- Javits North will continue to be under renovation during the summer 2018 market and as a result, the Handmade® Designer Maker section will once again be located on Level 3.
- The entirety of NY NOW’s summer 2018 market - including the Handmade®Global Design section located in the River Pavilion - will open at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 12, 2018 and close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. No sections are open on Saturday.
- NY NOW has a new logo. If you need a high-res version for your coverage, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jennifer (Samuels) Polonsky
Coyne PR for NY NOW