Summer Market responds to strong buyer demand for a dedicated day for key events
New York, NY-March 14, 2019 - Today NY NOW® announced that the Summer 2019 Market and co-located National Stationery Show® Summer 2019 edition will be opening on Saturday, an entire day earlier. The largest wholesale handmade presentation in the Americas will go to this new date pattern giving retailers the extra time they need to explore hundreds of Handmade and Stationery exhibitors that are partaking in the retail renaissance.
“NY NOW is excited to make this major date change allowing buyers to make unique and innovative product discoveries that they might not have had time for before,” said Kevin O’Keefe EVP Emerald Expositions. “The HANDMADE Collection is the largest handmade exhibition in the Americas, includes six major country groups with thousands of one-of-a-kind products that span all categories across HOME and LIFESTYLE. The National Stationery Show will present over 100 emerging artists and the very best in better stationery products. Buyers asked for a dedicated day and we are very happy to be able to make this happen.”
By adding an extra day, attendees will be exposed to more than 500 Handmade exhibitors exclusive to NY NOW’s Summer Market. The National Stationery Show joins NY NOW Summer for the first time ever and features hundreds of curated designers and producers only to be found at Retail Renaissance NY NOW.
The new show dates are as follow:
• NY NOW HANDMADE Collection - August 10, 2019 to August 13, 2019
• National Stationery Show Summer edition (co-location)- August 10, 2019 to August 13, 2019
• NY NOW LIFESTYLE and HOME Collections - August 11, 2019 to August 14, 2019
• JA New York (co-location) - Sunday, August 11, 2019 to Wednesday, August 14, 2019
About NY NOW
The summer 2019 edition of NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle, Handmade + Gift, will take place August 10-14, 2019 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NY NOW features three comprehensive collections - HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE - that encompass tens of thousands of products in hundreds of product categories. Building on the success of the Winter Market, the National Stationery Show® will take place during the same time in the River Pavilion and for the first time, will welcome a new co-location, JA New York, on level one in halls D and E at the Javits Center. Attendees from all 50 states and nearly 70 countries worldwide are expected.
NY NOW is owned by Emerald Expositions, a leading operator of business-to-business trade shows in the United States. The company currently operates more than 55 trade shows, as well as numerous other face-to-face events. In 2017, Emerald’s events connected over 500,000 global attendees and exhibitors and occupied more than 6.9 million NSF of exhibition space.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
• The official name of the market is “NY NOW.” Please do not use “NY Now,” “NYNow,” “New York Now,” “the NY Gift Show” or the “NY Gift Fair” to refer to the market.
• The NY NOW 2019 market will take place August 10-13 with staggered opening and closing dates: HANDMADE Collection: Saturday, August 10 through Tuesday, August 13, 2019; LIFESTYLE and HOME Collections open Sunday, August 11 through Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
• The National Stationery Show® will be co-located with the NY NOW summer market and will be located on the Level 4 River Pavilion in the Javits Center Saturday August 10, through Tuesday, August 13, 2019.
• JA New York will be co-located with the NY NOW summer market and will be located on on level 1 in halls 1D and 1E.
For high-res images or the NY NOW logo for your coverage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.