WHITE PLAINS, NY. – June 7, 2018 – NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, is once again proud to put a spotlight on personal style and its ever-popular Personal Accessories section. This area of the industry’s most expansive marketplace will include brands offering jewelry and accessories for men and women that are made from unusual materials, mixed metals, and natural stones, as well as products that are ethically sourced and produced by sustainable practices. NY NOW will take place in its entirety Sunday, August 12 – Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City and buyers can find the Personal Accessories section within the LIFESTYLE Collection located on Level 1.
“Buyers are always looking for ways to refresh their stores and tell great stories through the products that they offer to their customers,” said Randi Mohr, Vice President and NY NOW Director. “Accessories are a terrific way to add great style, sophistication and storytelling to any shop and we’re incredibly impressed with the brands in this section this season. The initial trends that are starting to emerge include an increase in Fair Trade and sustainable practices, a growing use of creative materials, and we can’t wait to see all of these incredible products at the market in August.”
Fair Trade and Sustainable Practices
· Lenny & Eva (Booth #8417) - Returning from an absence - Accessories with a much bigger purpose-to inspire. Featuring bracelets, bangles, necklaces, and earrings with inspirational messages and handcrafted in Tennessee.
· Love Is Project (Booth #8442) - *NEW* - Be a Part of the Greatest Love Story Ever Told. The #loveisproject connects people around the world while creating jobs in developing countries. Featuring handmade bracelets and dog collars from around the world.
· One Wild (Booth #8345) - *NEW* - Handcrafted genuine leather earrings made in Denver, Colorado. For each pair sold, one dollar is donated to help women feel wildly confident.
· Point No Point Studio (Booth #8245) - *NEW* - Featuring alternative engagement, conflict-free diamonds and ethically-sourced metals. Each piece of jewelry is meticulously hand-crafted with the highest quality conflict-free diamonds as well as eco-friendly recycled metals.
· Pura Vida (Booth #8438) - *NEW* - Every Pura Vida bracelet is carefully handcrafted by artisans around the world. The commitment to their craft is conveyed through the quality of their work and commitment to more than 174 different charities around the world, since the company’s inception.
· SwitchWood (Booth #8339) - *NEW* - The first interchangeable wooden bow tie. Switchwood is hand assembled by local craftsmen and manufactured parts have been fabricated in the United States. Dedicated to their community and the environment only using wood from sustainably harvested sources.
· WorldFinds (Booths #8516 and #221) - Featuring an expanded booth and showing in the Personal Accessories and Handmade® Global Design sections – Showcasing ethically-sourced, style-driven jewelry and accessories. The company also helps empower women through fair trade.
On-Trend and Stylish
· Dawning Collective (Booth #8309) - *NEW* - Artsy Jewelry for Cool People. Featuring pins, necklaces, earrings in cheerful designs such as llamas, pretzels, cats and cacti!
· Mary Garrett Jewelry (Booth #8268) - *NEW* - Mary Garrett Jewelry combines classic style with modern rustic flare and are handcrafted in Little Rock, Arkansas. Her work represents hand-formed, soldered and hammered shapes made of jewelers’ brass and sterling silver, inspired by natural elements and often incorporating green and blue gemstones such as labradorite, kynite, pyrite, and turquoise.
· San Diego Hat Company (Booth #8553) - Returning from an absence - Design-driven brand featuring fashionable and functional headwear and accessories.
· Stephanie Johnson (Booth #8142) - Returning from an absence - Cosmetic cases and travel accessories, sitting pretty at the intersection of fashion and function.
· Steve Madden (Booth #8215) - Returning from an absence - Armed with a thousand dollars, a car full of clogs and a dream, Steve Madden has been making shoes and taking names since 1990. Over the past two decades, Steve’s trail-blazing designs have garnered a cult-like following with celebrities, tastemakers and fashion-forward women around the world.
· Syna (Booth #8254) - *NEW* - Fine jewelry created in 18 karat gold and natural exotic gemstones.
New and Convenient Dates
NY NOW will feature a new date pattern for the summer 2018 market offering greater convenience to both buyers and exhibitors. The Personal Accessories section will open along with the rest of NY NOW at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 12 and close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15 (one hour later than previous markets). Please note that no sections are open on Saturday. This date pattern represents a return to NY NOW’s traditional and preferred summer schedule, eliminating the staggered opening of recent markets and allowing buyers to shop all sections of the Market – including Personal Accessories – at any point during the show.
NY NOW is open to members of the industry including retailers and buyers as well as members of the press. For more information and to register, please visit nynow.com.
The summer 2018 edition of NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, will take place August 12-15, 2018 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NY NOW features three comprehensive collections – HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE – that encompass tens of thousands of products in hundreds of product categories. Attendees from all 50 states and nearly 70 countries worldwide are expected.
· The official name of the market is “NY NOW.” Please do not use “NY Now,” “NYNow,” “New York Now,” “the NY Gift Show” or the “NY Gift Fair” to refer to the market.
· Javits North will continue to be under renovation during the summer 2018 market and as a result, the Handmade® Designer Maker section will once again be located on Level 3.
· The entirety of NY NOW’s summer 2018 market – including the Handmade® Global Design section located in the River Pavilion - will open at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 12, 2018 and close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. No sections are open on Saturday.
· NY NOW has a new logo. If you need a high-res version for your coverage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.