“BEST NEW PRODUCT” AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED AT NY NOW SUMMER 2017 MARKET
-Ten Standout Products Recognized as Section Winners –
NEW YORK, NY. – August 21, 2017 – Winners of the always popular “Best New Product” Awards were announced today at NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift. The “Best New Product” Awards recognize and celebrate the extraordinary product offerings from exhibitors across the Market, and each of the winning products stood out among hundreds of entries that showcased the leading trends in home, lifestyle and gift.
“NY NOW is the place for many buyers to discover the newest products for their stores, and these awards recognize ten outstanding products in each section,” said Randi Mohr, Group Show Director, NY NOW and Vice President, Emerald Expositions. “This year’s ‘Best New Product’ Awards winners truly push the envelope delivering superior, stunning and on-trend products in a variety of categories.”
Winners of the summer 2017 “Best New Product” Awards are:
- Accent on Design®: The Cheese Knife from W&P Design LLC (Booth #3861)
- Home Furnishings + Textiles: Carly the Cow from Dots by Donna (Booth #1554)
- Tabletop + Gourmet Housewares: Ripple Menorah from Alex Marshall Studios (Booth #3215)
- Baby + Child: CB EAT from Chewbeads (Booth #7031)
- Gift: Gratitude Glass Jars from Gratitude Glass Jars (Booth #5242)
- Personal Accessories: Birthday Celebration Bracelets from Lucky Feather (Booth #8334)
- Personal Care + Wellness: Soaking Salt Gift Box from Bee & You (Booth #8072)
- Artisan Resource®: Hanna Feather Purse from Rarity Handbags (Booth #3874)
- Handmade®Designer Maker: The Sendak Artist Roll from Peg and Awl (Booth #1241)
- Handmade®Global Design: Felt + Leather Backpack from MULXIPLY (Booth #225)
For images of the winning products, please click here.
Winners for the “Best New Product” Awards were selected at the summer market earlier this week, each judged by a dedicated panel of industry experts and members of the press. The judges for the summer 2017 “Best New Product” Awards were: Patti Biro of Patti Biro and Associates; Joel Bray of House & Home; Erica Cohen of Food Network Magazine; Anne-Marie Earl of Gifts and Decorative Accessories; Jennifer Marks of Home & Textiles Today; Marion Gerritsen of Australian Giftguide; Adam Glassman of O, The Oprah Magazine; Nancy Jeffries of Happi Magazine; Kat Krassner of PRESENT Magazine; Donna Milstein of Donna Milstein Associates; Jim Negen of Giftware News; Susan Tucker of BYDYZNE Consulting; Jeri Webb, Museum store consultant; Rachell Westall of Gift Focus; Katie Wood of The Cottage Journal; and Allison Zisko of HFN.
The “Best New Product” Award winners are currently on display at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in each of the winners’ booths. NY NOW’s comprehensive collections – HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE – encompass tens of thousands of products from more than 2,400+ premier established and emerging brands. Attendees from all 50 U.S. states and more than 80 countries worldwide are expected. For more information, visit www.nynow.com.
# # #
About NY NOW
NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, will take place at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NY NOW features three comprehensive collections – HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE – that encompass tens of thousands of products in hundreds of product categories. The Handmade® Global Design section of the HANDMADE Collection will open on Saturday, August 19 and close on Tuesday, August 22. The HOME and LIFESTYLE Collections, as well as the Handmade® Designer Maker and Artisan Resource® sections of the HANDMADE Collection will open on Sunday, August 20, and close on Wednesday, August 23. Handmade® Designer Maker also moves to Level 3. Attendees from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide are expected.
NY NOW is owned by Emerald Expositions, the largest operator of business-to-business trade shows in the United States, with most of our shows dating back several decades. We currently operate more than 50 trade shows, including 31 of the top 250 trade shows in the country as ranked by TSNN, as well as numerous other events. Our events connect over 500,000 global attendees and exhibitors and occupy more than 6.5 million NSF of exhibition space. We have been recognized with many awards and accolades that reflect our industry leadership as well as the importance of our shows to the exhibitors and attendees we serve. More information about NY NOW can be found at www.nynow.com
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- The official name of the market is “NY NOW.” Please do not use “NY Now,” “NYNow” “the NY Gift Show” or the “NY Gift Fair” to refer to the market.
- Javits North will be under renovation starting with the summer 2017 NY NOW market. As a result, the Handmade® Designer Maker section will move to Level 3 of the Javits Center and has a new date pattern, opening Sunday, August 20, and closing on Wed., August, 23. This section is no longer open on Saturday.
Coyne PR for NY NOW