CONTEMPORARY DESIGN DRIVES INNOVATION AT NY NOW® SUMMER 2017 MARKET
– Accent on Design® Section Presents Curated Collection of
Established and Emerging Brands Across All Categories –
WHITE PLAINS, NY. — July 20, 2017 — NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, will once again be at the forefront of the design community by bringing together a curated collection of brands for its exclusive Accent on Design® section at the upcoming summer 2017 market. As part of NY NOW’s HOME Collection, Accent on Design is the industry’s leading resource for innovative, design-led merchandise for more than 30 years. It presents established and emerging design brands that continually push the creative envelope and change the way we look at every day. This section will be open Sunday, August 20 through Wednesday, August 23 within the 3700-4200 aisles on Level 3.
“This summer, we’re pleased to welcome more than 25 design brands making their NY NOW debut in Accent on Design. The brands featured demonstrate that innovation comes in many forms. From iconic design to technology that changes our everyday, these brands are on the cutting edge of the design industry,” said Randi Mohr, Group Show Director, NY NOW and Vice President, Emerald Expositions. “We’re excited for buyers to see the incredible mix of products in Accent on Design – across all categories, for any budget, and from all corners of the world.”
Applicants are selected based on original, creative and authentic product design; new and innovative use of materials and/or process; products which address and solve problems; a focus on contemporary design (as perceived by the committee); functionality; and consistent and continuous new product introductions.
More than 180 brands will participate in the Accent on Design section this August. Showcasing the latest contemporary and innovative design trends from a wide range of product categories, some of the new and returning brands on display include:
• Blomus (Booth #3820; Returning from an absence) – Decorative accessories,
kitchenware, tabletop, outdoor lighting and garden accessories
• Droog (Booth #3921 – NEW) – Decorative accessories, lighting, garden
accessories, and dinnerware
• Flavor Paper (Booth #3813 – NEW) – Wallpaper
• Fornasetti Profumi (Booth #3910 – NEW) – Decorative accessories
• Frama (Booth #3921 – NEW) – Decorative accessories and lighting
• Iacoli & McAllister (Booth #4225 – NEW) – Jewelry
• Most Modest (Booth #3732; Returning from an absence) – Technology goods
• Souda (Booth #3901; Returning from an absence) – Decorative accessories, home
furnishings and tabletop
• Stelton (Booth #3740; Returning from an absence) – Kitchenware, tabletop and
• Studio Orfeo Quagliata (Booth #3824; Returning from an absence) – Decorative
accessories, home furnishings and jewelry
• That! (Booth #4062 – NEW) – Kitchenware and tabletop
In addition, the Accent on Design section will include several international groups offering stunning collections of products from local designers in various countries. Some of these groups include:
• Design Ireland (Booth #4162) – A collection of seven brilliant Irish designers
showcasing decorative accessories, home furnishings + textiles, tabletop,
handmade, and more
• Fresh Taiwan (Booth #3930) – A collection of 10 brands showcasing kitchenware,
home furnishings, lighting, tabletop, stationery, and more
• SOURCE South Africa (Booth #3836) – Featuring authentic, handcrafted tabletop
products from various local South African designers
A full list of the exhibitors showcasing products within the Accent on Design section can be found here. To register to attend and experience everything that the Accent on Design section has to offer, or for more information on NY NOW, please visit nynow.com.
# # #
About NY NOW
NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, will take place at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NY NOW features three comprehensive collections – HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE – that encompass tens of thousands of products in hundreds of product categories. The Handmade® Global Design section of the HANDMADE Collection will open on Saturday, August 19 and close on Tuesday, August 22. The HOME and LIFESTYLE Collections, as well as the Handmade® Designer Maker and Artisan Resource® sections of the HANDMADE Collection will open on Sunday, August 20, and close on Wednesday, August 23. Handmade® Designer Maker also moves to Level 3. Attendees from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide are expected.
NY NOW is owned by Emerald Expositions, the largest operator of business-to-business trade shows in the United States, with most of our shows dating back several decades. We currently operate more than 50 trade shows, including 31 of the top 250 trade shows in the country as ranked by TSNN, as well as numerous other events. Our events connect over 500,000 global attendees and exhibitors and occupy more than 6.5 million NSF of exhibition space. We have been recognized with many awards and accolades that reflect our industry leadership as well as the importance of our shows to the exhibitors and attendees we serve. More information about NY NOW can be found at www.nynow.com
NOTE TO EDITORS:
• The official name of the market is “NY NOW.” Please do not use “NY Now,”
“NYNow” “the NY Gift Show” or the “NY Gift Fair” to refer to the market.
• Javits North will be under renovation starting with the summer 2017 NY NOW
market. As a result, the Handmade® Designer Maker section will move to Level 3
of the Javits Center and has a new date pattern, opening Sunday, August 20, and
closing on Wed., August, 23. This section is no longer open on Saturday.
Coyne PR for NY NOW